Working Parents Support
Just when you think you have it all figured out, along comes a pandemic. During this unprecedented season, UAGC is offering two new benefits to help you and your kiddos through the challenges of distance learning. We have partnered with TutorMe for free online tutoring and Outschool for educational enrichment and online activities. These benefits are for a limited time for the 2020-21 school year.
Tutoring On-Demand Direct Link
As a full-time employee of UAGC, you or your dependents (age 5 – 26) can connect with a live tutor in under 30 seconds for over 300 subjects - 24 hours a day! TutorMe has a network of over 10,000 verified tutors who are ready to help with any question, no matter how big or small.
Receive one-on-one tutoring for:
- K-12, college, or grad school students up to age 26
- First 10 hours per employee/year are free
- Employee discounted rate of $30 per hour for additional tutoring
- Tutoring is available in 15 minute increments
How it Works:
How to Access TutorMe:
- You will receive an email from TutorMe containing your temporary login info
- Go to https://tutorme.com/
- Log in with your work email address and the temporary password
- Change your password
- Start tutoring!
Online Activities and Enrichment Classes Direct Link
As a full-time employee of UAGC, your dependent children age 3 – 18 are eligible to take academic classes, enrichment classes as well as fun time such as activity clubs and more on Outschool’s platform.
Outschool offers over 90,000 (and counting!) live, online activities for learners ages 3-18. Classes cover a range of topics, from core academic subjects to extracurriculars and more unique offerings like structural engineering, drawing animation and forensic science. A range of class formats are available, including one-time classes, multi-week camps, and private tutoring. All Outschool classes and teachers are vetted by a team of experts to ensure a high-quality experience. All classes are designed to be safe, social and fun!
Online Classes and/or Activities for:
- UAGC will cover 50% of the cost of your eligible child’s Outschool class up to $30/month for a limited time during the 2020-21 school year. This benefit will be re-evaluated post-pandemic.
How it Works:
- Outschool is a platform that connects teachers to students
- Using Zoom technology, your child can interact with children of similar age in small groups
- Watch this video to learn more
Examples of Classes:
- Academics from Pre-School to High School (i.e. Early Reading to Advanced Coding)
- Before and After-School Activities (i.e. Escape Room, Paint Night, Guitar Lessons, etc.)
- Social-Learning Clubs (i.e. Lego Club, Chess Club, Comedy Club, etc.)
How to Access Outschool:
- Watch this video and follow the instructions for Employer Partnerships
- Click on this dedicated link for Outschool/Ashford and click on “Join Outschool”
- Create your account using your @ashford.edu work email
- Set-up your child(ren)’s profile
- Confirm your account via your Ashford University email
- Start Outschooling!
Dog Ate My Mask Webinar Series Direct Link
The wonderful faculty within the Department of Education and Liberal Arts hosted a free webinar series called, The Dog Ate My Mask: Schooling & Parenting During a Pandemic that many found to be helpful.
- Watch recordings to these webinars: Dog Ate My Mask Channel
- Additional Resources: https://www.opensourcedresources4u.com/
Employee Assistance Program Direct Link
Whether it is a child with special needs or schooling from home, Cigna has resources for all education and developmental stages. Click here to learn how Cigna is helping to support you with parenting and working at home:
- Parent Coaching
- Childcare Referrals
- Financial Services
- Managing Stress
- Working from Home
Call Cigna at 1.877.622.4327 to speak with a specialist about your specific needs. Learn ideas such as, setting up “care pods” or a “micro school” within your neighborhood.